Connect with us

Latest News

Emirati woman saves expat’s life in UAE

The man’s eyes had rolled up in his head. A man who suffered a heart attack was saved by a young woman in Ajman. The Emirati national, Hind Ali Al Thaheri, had been driving home from her workplace in Dubai, the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, when she noticed a man passed out on Wasit Road, as…

Emirati woman saves expat’s life in UAE

The man’s eyes had rolled up in his head.

A man who suffered a heart attack was saved by a young woman in Ajman.

The Emirati national, Hind Ali Al Thaheri, had been driving home from her workplace in Dubai, the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, when she noticed a man passed out on Wasit Road, as per Ittihad report.

Also read: Emirati woman saves 50-year-old man’s life in bank

Two other people were standing next to the African national in his twenties but were unable to help him.

She stopped her vehicle and disembarked. The man’s eyes had rolled up in his head from the severity of his cardiac arrest.

Without hesitation, she strode to the men and took stock of the situation, calling the emergency line 998.

The paramedic on the line instructed her on how to resuscitate the man using timed chest compressions for nearly three minutes. The worker regained consciousness and was able to breathe.

Ambulance vehicles arrived at the scene in the meantime and transported the revived man to the hospital for further treatment. 

Al Thaheri said she had studied first-aid procedures before, so she felt the urge to act when she saw an emergency arise.  

The man and his Indian coworkers are employees of a shipping company.

Doctors praised the Emirati woman for saving the man’s life. He is currently under medical supervision.

ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code

Latest News

10 tonnes of food, 20kg of illegal items seized in 5 UAE raids

Some vendors sell food items in unhygienic conditions. The Municipal Inspection and Control Department of Sharjah Municipality has seized 10 tonnes of food and other items in five inspection raids, according to a statement issued on Sunday. The head of department Khalifa Bou Ghanem Al Sweedi said that the department has been carrying out many inspection campaigns to control…

10 tonnes of food, 20kg of illegal items seized in 5 UAE raids

Some vendors sell food items in unhygienic conditions.

The Municipal Inspection and Control Department of Sharjah Municipality has seized 10 tonnes of food and other items in five inspection raids, according to a statement issued on Sunday.

The head of department Khalifa Bou Ghanem Al Sweedi said that the department has been carrying out many inspection campaigns to control the markets and prevent violations related to fake products and poor quality products at cheap prices.

He added that some of the vendors sell food items on the ground in low prices, which exposes it to dust and other germs that affect the health and make it unsuitable for human consumption. The other items included counterfeit accessories and clothes.

Additionally, he added that 20 kilograms of illegal items were seized, and all necessary procedures were taken against the sellers, emphasizing that items still suitable for consumption would be donated to charitable associations.

Khalifa called on the public to contact the municipality on 993 for suggestions, feedback or to report complaints, stressing that the society is a stakeholder in maintaining the cultural appearance of the emirate.

ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!

Continue Reading

Latest News

3 killed, 6 injured in two explosions in Nepali capital

The nature of the blasts is under investigation. Three people were killed and six others injured on Sunday in two separate explosions in the Nepali capital, Kathmandu, and police said they suspected a Maoist militant group may have been responsible. Police official Shyam Lal Gyawali said: “We have three fatalities in two incidents of explosions…

3 killed, 6 injured in two explosions in Nepali capital

The nature of the blasts is under investigation.

Three people were killed and six others injured on Sunday in two separate explosions in the Nepali capital, Kathmandu, and police said they suspected a Maoist militant group may have been responsible.

Police official Shyam Lal Gyawali said: “We have three fatalities in two incidents of explosions but the nature of (the) blasts is under investigation.”

One person was killed in an explosion inside a house in the Ghattekulo residential area in the heart of the city.

“I heard a big noise and rushed to the spot to find the walls of a house had developed cracks due to the impact of the blast,” 17-year-old student Govinda Bhandari told Reuters at the site of the first blast.

The second blast took place near a hairdresser’s in the Sukedhara area on the outskirts of the city. Two people were killed in this blast, police said.

All six injured have been rushed to hospitals.

A Reuters photographer at the site of the second blast said it had shattered the door and window panes of the shop and the area had been sealed off by the army.

Gyawali, the police official, said they suspect the blasts may have been the work of a splinter group of former Maoist rebels who are opposed to the government for arresting its supporters.

“A pamphlet from the group has been found at the site of the first blast,” Gyawali said.

The house was used to make improvised or crude explosive devices by activists from the group, he said, adding one of the injured people was a supporter.

An army spokesman said a bomb disposal team had been rushed to nearby Lalitpur area after reports of a suspicious pressure cooker fitted with tape was seen near a bus park.

No one has claimed responsibility for Sunday’s blasts.

ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!

Continue Reading

Latest News

Former Jet Airways founder, wife held at Mumbai airport

They were taken into custody by the Mumbai Airport Immigration for investigations. Former Jet Airways chief promoter Naresh Goyal and his wife Anita were offloaded from a London-bound flight and barred from leaving India this morning by immigration officials, sources said here on Saturday. They were taken into custody by the Mumbai Airport Immigration for…

Former Jet Airways founder, wife held at Mumbai airport

They were taken into custody by the Mumbai Airport Immigration for investigations.

Former Jet Airways chief promoter Naresh Goyal and his wife Anita were offloaded from a London-bound flight and barred from leaving India this morning by immigration officials, sources said here on Saturday.

They were taken into custody by the Mumbai Airport Immigration for investigations, and the reasons for the action was not clear.

Recently, some lawmakers had demanded that the Mumbai Police should impound the passports of Goyal and other senior officials of the beleaguered airlines to prevent them from leaving the country.

ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!

Continue Reading